Saturday 9 October 2010

Glam Nation: Tokyo III


I like this arrangement of FYE, it moves away from the electro-pop vibe and goes for a more laid-back funk-rock. We get that very powerful FYE belt that I haven't heard in ages which is followed up by a bit of lyric fail as Adam continues singing FYE instead of DTRH. We have a gentle kiss during Fever and no Brooke dance as she had to jet off before the concert finished. The highlight of the night though, has to be the return to the infamous steps for the acoustic WLL encore. It's a super-sultry floaty trip and I wonder whether Adam wants to rock out when he goes over to hit Isaac's cymbals, but it seems he's in his own world. During the performance, Adam picks up a rose, suggestively angling it before throwing it back out to the audience. It's been a while since a fully acoustic version and I love it because of the way Adam uses his voice. There is no better demonstration of how he masters it as a musical instrument.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this WLL - Adam truly loves this song and therefore he owns it - I feel like this version is both a prayer and a love song - we're transported to a Hindu temple where we receive instructions on how to find ecstacy - Adam is there and after listening a few hundred times we may approach some understanding. Meantime, the act of listening is pure bliss......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francess40, I wonder whether this WLL was what Adam intended. When I see him go up to Isaac, I think he wants him to rock out and make it heavier but ends up just going with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This show, to me, is the best Glam Nation show so far. The acoustics at this venue were incredible, and Adam just took full adantage of it. Sleepwalker and WLL (if he performs WLL) are the two performances I tend to look at first when reveiwing these shows, and they're both especially breathtaking here. It never ceases to amaze me how he can take songs he's sung literally a hundred times and make them better every single time. It's the raw definition of artistry. Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn, it seems he really enjoyed his time in Japan and I think it's reflected in the quality of performance. I'm unable to choose a favourite concert though, there are so many amazing ones. I usually look forward to the encore and Sleepwalker is the one I watch to get an idea of how far he pushes himself vocally.

    ReplyDelete